Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids (PUFAs) are essential to maintaining a healthy body. Research has demonstrated that omega-3s play a pivotal role in early retinal and brain development, as well as promoting healthy cardiovascular, cognitive and immune system functions. But the typical western diet is inadequate for supplying enough omega-3s (EPA and DHA). Recent studies demonstrate that not all omega-3s are equal. Of the two primary sources of EPA and DHA; fish provide a triglyceride form, and krill provide a phospholipid form. Studies are showing that the phospholipid form is significantly more bioavailable, with similar plasma EPA and DHA being achieved at much lower omega-3 doses. Most recently, data has emerged indicating that our bodies process the phospholipid form differently than the triglyceride form. Due to phospholipid uptake into cell membranes, red blood cell uptake and brain uptake are greater, whereas omega-3s from triglyceride forms are more likely to be utilized for energy storage or metabolized as fuel. Additionally, the phospholipid form appears to have more bio-activity. Krill oil, but not fish oil lowered 2-AG levels in over-weight individuals, suggesting krill oil may have a healthy effect on appetite and emotional state. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Product Dimensions: 2.2 x 2.2 x 4.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B0142UNZSW
- UPC: 729135600182 764442714870